Monday, July 6, 2009

In the Meantime in Between Time

This quote has stayed with me from F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby when few other things have from that particular book. The phrase itself is in fact quoted from a song called "The Love Nest" in the book, as you can see here.

So because it's such a longtime favorite of mine, I've just gone from not being able to say "in the meantime" without "in between time", to making it the title of this blog.



If this picture brings you back to high school...you are not alone

2 comments:

  1. I've never read it before, but I ordered it at the library last week and am patiently waiting for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy told Gatsby that he looked cool, even in the summer heat...and Gatsby has fake books.

    All I remember.

    ReplyDelete